Your Step by Step guide of what to do when you're moving home.
1. First up, let us know you're moving
Once the big day is drawing near, we’ve got a dedicated house move team who will do everything they can to make moving your technology a breeze. Most people move house in around two days, but we can require up to two weeks notice. Why not put it into your diary right now – so there’s no chance of forgetting it.
There are number of really easy steps to letting us know, including:
- Firstly, complete our online house move form to start your house move and discover what services are available at your new home.
- It would speed up the process and save you some time if you had your Virgin Media account number and your new address to hand before you contact us.
- Don’t worry if you’ve already moved. We will still do our best to transfer your services as soon as possible, and help make your new place a real home.
2. Bring your equipment with you to your new home
When moving day eventually arrives, a really useful tip is to take some photos of your set up before you move. It will make it a lot easier to put things together again at your new address. To make sure you’re ready to receive your Virgin Media services, you need to bring your current equipment with you. This includes:
- Set top box
- Cables and Splitters
- Remote control
One other thing: You need to check if there is a Virgin Media connection point at the new address. If not, please contact us as quickly as possible so that we can sort it for you.
3. Just plug in your equipment, sit back and enjoy all the comforts of home
Once you’ve got everything up and running, what about checking out what Virgin Media services are available at your new address? Might be able to enjoy some new services that weren’t available at your old place.
Find out more on our bundles page.