Last updated: 14th October 2021
Every day, people, businesses, and public services rely on Virgin Media to stay connected. But in times like these, it’s even more critical for us to keep things running smoothly – and we’re working hard to do that.
We’re doing all we can to help keep our people and customers safe and protect our network.
How are we keeping our customers safe?
The health and wellbeing of our people and customers is always our top priority, so we’re following Government and medical advice to put safety first while making sure we can still help our customers and connect new households to our services.
Here's what we’re doing to protect you and our staff:
- We check in with our technicians to confirm they don’t have flu-like symptoms and aren’t self-isolating, before a scheduled install visit, and before a scheduled technician service visit, we’ll text customers to ask if anyone living at their property has been asked to self-isolate or has flu-like symptoms. If customers respond with “yes”, then the visit will be rescheduled later, with confirmation of this date by text of the appointment.
- We’ll also call you on the day of a technician visit, around 30 minutes before they arrive. If anyone at the property is self-isolating or displaying Covid symptoms, we’ll rearrange the visit.
- Where it’s possible, we can send you a self-install pack which means there is no need for someone to visit your home. This service is available at no extra cost.
- Replacement Virgin TV remotes are being sent out by post.
- Hygiene measures for engineers were in place long before the coronavirus pandemic. These include anti-bacterial hand wipes and latex gloves as standard kit.
- Technicians will wear a protective face covering and will require customers to do likewise, and ensure the area is well ventilated.